Wednesday, August 15, 2007

High Canadian Dollar = SAVINGS!

The high Canadian dollar continues to have an impact on the economy. The other day I was listening to a program on CBC talking about this issue (very similar in content to the information in this article: http://www.cbc.ca/money/story/2007/08/06/flaherty-apec.html) and I began to get curious, so I did a little research on my own.

As I write this, the Canadian - US exchange rate is 1.07467 (that's about $1.08 Canadian for every US dollar, just to be clear). Now, on the back of an average mass market paperback, the US price is $7.99 while the Canadian price is $10.99. By my calculations, that works out to a differential of 1.3755.

Why the big difference? You've got me.

Therefore, to make things a little more reasonable, we are announcing that all mass market paperbacks in stock are now 20% off the cover price. Now, that $10.99 novel is only $8.79. It's not perfect, but it helps you take advantage of the high Canadian dollar.

To make this even more worthwhile we are continuing to bulk up this sale stock - new releases and backlist titles alike. Contact us with any questions.

I hope to see you all soon!

No comments: