Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Harry Potter Street Party: "Thank You!"

By all accounts, people seem to have enjoyed themselves at the party on Rosser leading up to the launch of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. We are very happy with the turn out, which I would estimate at 250 - 300 people at the peak.

There are many, many people I need to thank. However, I am incredibly afraid of forgetting someone -- thus, I want to give a monstrous "THANK YOU!" to every individual, business and organization that donated their time, energy and/or resource to the event. This party could not have succeeded without your help.

Below are a few of the many photos that were taken on Friday evening and the early morning hours of Saturday. If you have any shots from the party you would like to share, please feel free to pass them along and I will post them here.

Thank you again to everyone who attended and assisted. You might be surprised what your support will lead to...

FINALLY! The photos:



I didn't mind the snakes and reptiles that the Westman Reptile Gardens brought down, but I just couldn't bring myself to get close to these millipedes. Blah!


Some of the costumes were truly fantastic!!

I particularly like this picture of Prof. Trelawney and Rita Skeeter...

And, of course, there were more Harry's than you could shake a wand at...


The entertainment stage drew a lot of attention over the course of the evening. Another "thank you" to the many performers, ensembles and bands that agreed to help us make the street party a success.


The line-up began MANY hours before midnight...


But eventually, we did start selling the book. And all was well.


There are many more photos available. A lot of them are on my Facebook page -- ask to be my friend (but make sure you tell me who you are) and you can see them. Email me if you can't find me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a GREAT way to start the final chapter. Thanks so much for hosting a great Potter Party! The 3 generations we had there all had fun! We'll keep checking to see more pics!
Thx again, Hedwig & Prof Trelawney